September 15th of each year is International Dot Day, inspired by the picture book, The Dot by Peter Reynolds. On Dot Day, people of all ages create dot-inspired art and dot-inspired stories as a gesture of creativity. The story of The Dot is about making your mark on the world and being free to create and see art in any form that it takes.
For the Daily Connect, why not make your own Dot and share it with someone in your world?
- Draw something with circles and hand-deliver it
- Add a dot to a postcard and mail it to a friend
- Use digital tools (such as Visual Poetry) to make words into dots
- Pull out the paints and splash around with color (See what Sheri did)
- Do whatever you want, however you want
Enjoy a burst of creativity today!